185 years ago today - Jun 1, 1838

William Marks sells eight Kirtland properties for the Church and continues to dispose of property until July 11, when he transfers ownership of the House of the Lord (also known as the "Stone Temple," and "Chapel House") to Mead, Stafford & Company of Buffalo for goods purchased in 1836.

[Kenney, Scott, Saints Without Halos, "Mormon History 1830-1844," http://web.archive.org/web/20120805163534/saintswithouthalos.com/dirs/d_c.phtml]

No comments:

Post a Comment