195 years ago today - Apr 13, 1829

'Light on Masonry' is published by an "anti-Mason Mason" or one who believed that original Masonry had been corrupted. "However holy our mysteries may have been, the lodges are now profaned and sullied. Brethren and companions, attired in your mourning robes, attend and let us seal up the gates of our temple, for the profane have found means of penetrating into them - they have converted them into retreats for their impiety, into dens of conspirators."

A full page engraving at the beginning of the book shows a man with sword in one hand and the decapitated head of William Morgan in the other with his body as his feet. [See 1 Nephi 4:18]

Details of the masonic ceremonies are given, including grips, special words, the tree of life, cherubims, Michael giving a "sign" to lodge members, Urim and Thummim, seven days of creation, a white and green apron, a sash with instructions on how it is worn, and the imparting of divine knowledge from God to Adam.

['Light on Masonry: A Collection of All the Most Important Documents on the Subject of Speculative Free Masonry,' (referred to as 'the Bible of Antimasonry'); Grunder, Rick, Mormon Parallels: A Bibliographic Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment